28.7.12

quietly camping


hello! I'm back,
this was my little corner of the world for three days!
lovely to have a break and with gorgeous weather too.
this was my summer reading, 
three magazines, elle, country living and red magazine, all for around six pounds,
can't say fairer than that!


the sun was lovely, but there is nothing I like better than a quiet corner with dappled sunlight under the trees.....blissfull!


this was my view of the oak tree leaves,
a lovely little campsite in kent,
it was really all I needed,
I had three nights before I needed to pick up my son again, so it was so nice to turn that time into a holiday......

of course I also managed to fit in some other things.......


a visit to Ightham mote, a national trust property,
have a look at that dog house there!


and several wanderings in the beautiful woods at Oldbury fort.
the deep peace in these woods was so very needed......
we discover this amazing oak tree
and passers by let us know it is called the holey holy tree.
fantastic!


and of course no holiday would be complete without some thrifting,
this was found in the nearby antique and collectors market held at Detling.
an absolutely huge and hot event which we drooped around,
happily leaving with this crochet cushion (yes another!!)
.
This is now brightening up the back seat of my car, along with my lovely thrifted blue blanket which travels with me,

always have a crochet blanket at the ready, that's what I say.......
another lovely purchase was also made,
something I have wanted for a long time, I will be showing you more of that soon,
enjoy this weekend,
hope you find a lovely spot in the sun or shade!

Heather


4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time, we are off tomorrow! Might take some vintage sheets and make some little flowers for a craft fair I'm doing in September! Idle hands and all that! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ada, have a good holiday! a craft fair sounds interesting, happy making! x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely view of the oak leaves. I have a little oak (which is quite rare in this neck of the woods) that my father planted about 15 years ago. It is doing well. At nearly eight feet tall, has slmost doubled it`s height since I started talking to it, three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smiling at the thought of you chatting to your oak tree! it could be a mighty tree indeed! x

      Delete